Hobbies and Crafts

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Pen to Paper

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 17 Jul 2015 14:33

Has anyone ever put pen to paper as a play wright or writer/novelist. I have recently joined Liverpool Everyman/Playhouse writing room. I have got a fair few ideas but struggling with actually starting to put an idea I have into a piece.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Jul 2015 15:19

The first line is the hardest. We did have a writers group on here Mark, none of us professionals as far as I know, we justw rote for each others amusement. Sadly it seems to have fallen by the wayside at the moment.

Try just scribbling down ideas as they come to you, ideas for characters, build on those a bit, ideas for plots and see if light suddenly dawns. If you want any people to read your efforts without crticism at any stage there are a couple of us on here who would do that.

A good magazine to read, if you haven't, is Writers forum. Good luck.

Mark

Mark Report 20 Jul 2015 14:04

Yes I subscribe to this...Something happened over the weekend, not sure what it was exactly but managed to get 18 pages done.

Persephone

Persephone Report 22 Jul 2015 04:03

I am one of those that will read and offer the odd pointer, Emma is another one who reads for the writers group.. which seems to have almost ground to a halt.