Hobbies and Crafts

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cross Stitching

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 28 Dec 2014 15:04

Hi

Anyone into cross stitching? I haven't look to see if anyone has put on here already, Sorry if it has. If so can you bring it up to the top please.

Hazelx :-D

Anotheranninglos

Anotheranninglos Report 3 Jan 2015 22:08

Hi Hazel
I have nudged the other thread up for you. I don't do much cross stitch but when I do I enjoy it. I find 11 count easier to do because of my eyesight but cant find many adult type themes.
Anne

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 4 Jan 2015 14:01

Hi Ann

I have started stitching last few months again after 10yr brack. I love art deco things. I have been trying to find a cross stitch club near me but dont seem many about now. Most are to far for me to get to and most i the evenings so as dont drive cant get there.

Hazelx

Anotheranninglos

Anotheranninglos Report 4 Jan 2015 18:48

Hi Hazel
I popped into our local craft group which was then held in the library, It was hopeless for me as I couldn't chat and stitch at the same time. I kepted on getting lost.
anne

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 4 Jan 2015 21:06

HI Ann

Not one at the library here i was thinking maybe i can start one. So going to see the library tomorrow to see what they say. I know the lady who sorts things out there.

Where abouts are you i am in Uxbridge Middlesex

Hazelx

Von

Von Report 5 Jan 2015 13:47

Hazel
Have you looked at Fabric Warehouse.They are starting to do lots of classes or Southlands.
The latter may be more difficult to get to but you should be able to get a bus to Fabric Warehouse

http://www.thefabricwarehouseltd.com/

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 5 Jan 2015 20:17

Hi Von

Thank you will go and have a look.

Hope you are ok

Hazelx

Anotheranninglos

Anotheranninglos Report 7 Jan 2015 00:04

Hi Hazel,
I am in Gloucester. Did you manage to go to the library to ask about starting a group. Or are you hoping to get to where von suggested.
Anne

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 8 Jan 2015 00:15

I haven't had time to have word at library yet. But it's they coffee morning
Friday so Wil when I go then.

Did look on sites but can't see much on cross stitching. But Wil look again

Hazelx

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 10 Jan 2015 18:10

Well i went to the library in Uxbridge and spoke to lady i know who is the manager. Well she was very pleased to talk to me, I mayb doing a group in there from next month she is going to do all the flyers for me and i mayb having some of my work put in the window so to let people know what you can do. So will keep you up dated. :-D

Von

Von Report 11 Jan 2015 16:33

Hazel
That's great. Hope it goes well.