Hobbies and Crafts

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

painting cakes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unicorn

Unicorn Report 26 Oct 2013 21:18

Hi
I paint on fondant icing and am willing to share I have painted over 200 cakes
if you are on face book look at my work I am a granny and self taught You have to be artistic [I have always loved to draw] and if you do lets begin
Get in touch via fb I am glenda macleod please look me up My profile photo is a cake with orange flowers
My grandchildren love to paint on icing and eat it ...then get hyper xx
:-)
Just editing I have changed my profile photo to one of me

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Dec 2013 17:48

You didn't seem to get any takers so I am nudging up your thread for you. It sounds very skillfull. Would love to see some photos.

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 9 Dec 2013 12:30

My youngest daughter is also quite good at painting on fondant.

She was around 15 yrs old when she did her first cake...... for her late grandmother's birthday.
She painted fairly intricate roses on top with trellis around the sides.
It was lovely!

She uses gel food colouring thinned down with a drop of vodka.

Unicorn

Unicorn Report 10 Dec 2013 16:52

Thank you Sparklingann
I appreciate the bump. I am not sure how to post photos on here but will try I just added I have changed my profile picture to one of me not a cake
I will try to add photos now
Thanks again

Sorry tried to copy and paste but no use

Glasgowlass thank you too... good for your daughter the sky is the limit as you can paint absolutely anything
Well I cannot show you on here but if you are on fb send me a friend request It is lovely to hear from a fellow fondant painter [or at least her mum] Ithink you might have to be my friend to see my photos
other than that my email address is
[email protected]
I would be happy to send all of you some photos
Glenda x

Jane

Jane Report 22 Dec 2013 11:40

Hi
I have some ready made icing which I would like to colour. Can someone please tell me the best way to do it.

Thanks

Unicorn

Unicorn Report 23 Dec 2013 06:37

Get gel / paste/ or powdered food colouring [Liquid works too but squelches out and makes the icing sticky and much softer] use a cocktail stick and add a little at a time knead well till all colourr is even . Hope this helps :-)

Jane

Jane Report 23 Dec 2013 14:37

I will give it a go

Thanks

jane

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Feb 2014 17:48

Also nudging this one up in case anyone is interested, it has slid down the board a bit.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Mar 2014 12:58

Three photos of the cakes added to my craft blog,