General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Getting Frustrated

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tawny

Tawny Report 3 Mar 2024 20:24

Tonight. I live in a cottage flat sometimes known as a four in a block. At 7.30pm my neighbours through the wall decided to start using an electric drill and a hammer on the party wall. They are around the same ages as Mr Owl and myself and have two children around 11 and 13. I would love to know when they’ve had all day why now?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 4 Mar 2024 00:33

We call that a 4-plex over here!

Very frustrating for you. Maybe they're putting up a picture they bought today?!

Caroline

Caroline Report 4 Mar 2024 02:00

Maybe the parents were locking the kids in their rooms they'd just had enough of them after all they're teenagers or near enough....

Tawny

Tawny Report 4 Mar 2024 09:36

They were drilling and hammering for an hour. It’s not the children we hear it’s the dog. These flats have two bedrooms, a sitting room, kitchen and bathroom. In our neighbours flat are two adults, two teenagers or near enough, two cats and a black Labrador. Maybe they were building themselves somewhere to hide from the chaos.

Island

Island Report 4 Mar 2024 10:18

Thoughtful of them to give you something to moan about - so not all bad :-D

Can't Mr Owl fly round and have a word or does he not give a hoot?

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 Mar 2024 11:05

Maybe they spent the first part of the day argueing (aka planning!) over where they were going to site the huge tv that needed the brackets etc drilled and hammered into the wall?

Tawny

Tawny Report 5 Mar 2024 11:13

It could have been day long “discussions” over where to put a tv. Last night was quiet at least.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Mar 2024 11:32

fingers crossed then Tawney. they obviously needed a rest after all that work