General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Leap Year Day

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 29 Feb 2024 08:15

Dear All

Hello

Good morning

What are you going to with your extra day today?!

Remember folks you only get this day every four years. so don't waste it!

Please watch out for deranged persons proposing to complete strangers and walking under ladders!

Take gentle care
Love Elizabeth, EOS
xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Feb 2024 08:22

Good morning Elizabeth and happy leap year day. Just think of all those parties as those born on this date celebrate four years of missed birthdays.
Nothing planned for this morning but going out with a friend this afternoon. It depends on the weather, if dry it could be Slimbridge WWT but if wet, a garden centre. :-) :-) :-)

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 29 Feb 2024 14:00

I know a young girl, who has a birthday today. She is 12.
I remember asking her Mum, when do they celebrate her birthday in non Leap years and she said that because she was born in February, they celebrate on the last day of February, regardless of date.
A special day today for her to celebrate on the correct day.

I have been to school for my usual stint as a volunteer listening to readers. Nothing exciting happening this afternoon, so I might just catch up with some recorded programmes.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 29 Feb 2024 15:12

I have had coffee with friends but we do that every Thursday anyway. Then I had a supermarket delivery so that wasn't very exciting. However I have spent the day looking forward to one of my granddaughters coming to stay for the weekend.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 29 Feb 2024 16:13

Lovely to see you Posting Elizabeth. :-) <3

I suppose for most of us it is just like any other day but for those whose birthday is on the 29th it must be rather special :-)

Happy Birthday to all leaplings :-D

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 29 Feb 2024 19:36

Dear Ann in Glos and London Belle , Good to see you both too <3

Good evening Gwyn in Kent and and Vera in Suffolk :-)

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 29 Feb 2024 19:44

It must be a strange feeling not having a birthday every year :-(

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 29 Feb 2024 19:45

Perhaps when you get to our age having a birthday every fours years isn't such a bad thing ;-) ;-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 29 Feb 2024 21:40

Ex and I got married on 29 February, 44 years ago! :-D :-D