General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

When I start.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 26 Feb 2024 22:38

To tidy an airing cupboard And rediscover items that haven't seen the light of day for over a million years so decided to bin them or charity shop them and was told you can't do that I use them, ha you didn't even no we still had them til just now, they are going and there will be more space in there (no more rummaging) looking for things.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 27 Feb 2024 10:59

When my children were quite young, they each had a double ottoman used for storing their toys. It kept the bedrooms tidy. Every now & then, I would declutter the boxes and throw out stuff or take to the charity shop without telling them and they never noticed until.... sometimes on a Saturday, I would take them to the charity shop and they would say " I have a toy like that" lol

So ZZzzz when you next tidy the airing cupboard and find things you don't need, don't tell OH just get rid, he will be none the wiser,,,best way.

Florence in the hebrides

Island

Island Report 27 Feb 2024 12:10

I'm wondering what these forgotten but now important items are LOL

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 28 Feb 2024 17:52

We don't have an airing cupboard but OH has a cupboard and a small unit with drawers , no idea what is on the top shelf of the cupboard as I can't reach it but it is all stuff he needs to keep. lol. Same with the drawers all full of things he needs to keep but never uses. I dare not look in his garden shed. lololol.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Feb 2024 08:26

A couple of weeks ago I decided to empty the last of the stuff from my late OH's bedside cabinet. I found an old out of date passport (with the corners cut off) and tucked inside were three old £10 notes and one old £20 note. subsequently taken to the post office and deposited in my bank account.

Island

Island Report 29 Feb 2024 09:05

That reminds me Ann, I have £80 in old twenties somewhere - found at my parents house 12+ years ago! You don't miss what you've never had I suppose ;-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Feb 2024 09:45

True but if you can still pay them into the bank or post office it would be more useful in your care! It did say on line that you need ID (passport etc) but I paid it in at the PO with my bank card and they didn't ask for ID.

Island

Island Report 29 Feb 2024 13:13

Ann, free art materials to the value of 80 quid :-D

and £30 in my late beloveds wallet which I put back. :-(

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Feb 2024 13:17

Island yes, great. I am thinking of buying a bracelet as the one T gave me broke.