General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Apprentice-Anyone watching it?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 15 Jan 2022 21:27

I have followed The Apprentice right from when it started.Sometimes it's serious and other times quite entertaining. But this years wannabes...well what a shower.

Coming up with a new cruise liner can't be that difficult can it? They designed a logo without a name(Boys Team) and AS said it looked like a "Turd".

The girls are dreadful, bossy and really not very intelligent at all.

If I was AS, think I would have fired them on week 1...all of them lol

Anyone else watching agree with me or am i being a little harsh?

Florence in the hebrides

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 Jan 2022 13:29

You've just described the candidates in every year - not only this one.
It's toe-curlingly watchable.

They're chosen for entertainment value , not necessarily for intelligence or common sense - and I suspect they're encouraged to lay it on thick when applying.

I expect some do it deliberately in order to increase their chances of getting on the show. A modest, calm , sensible person wouldn't be chosen.
Others may think that being a shouty, back-stabbing, lying show-off is admirable.

Remember that the original "Apprentice" was hosted by Donald Trump.

Having said that - so far, Shama does seem to have her feet on the floor.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 16 Jan 2022 14:03

"The Apprentice" started with Donald Trump in the USA. When AS took over the UK version he kept up standards no trouble at ll.
Nothing has changed very much except that Nadine Dorries believes that this sort of thing is what the BBC will be known for going forward.
With a bit of luck we'll have an election and this show will go where it belongs, Channel 5.