General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finding Mary

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 12 May 2021 13:44

It looks like the police are hoping to find the remains of Mary Bastholm, thanks to Sir Trevor MacDonald.

She would have been a very similar age to me and I remember her going missing.so she has a little more relevance o me than do Fred West's other victims (if she is his victim).

Such a shame that her brother, Peter,has died without finding closure.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 12 May 2021 13:56

I can relate to one of the moors murder victims, being the same age as me.
I think Fred West wife is alive and in prison isn't she?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 May 2021 13:59

Yes she is.

Gloucester in the news again for all the wrong reasons. Every time something connected to the Wests comes up the ghouls are in gloucester visiting relevant places. Wonder they have not put it on the tourist map. (maybe they have haven't looked). Even their photos give me the creeps.

Sharron

Sharron Report 12 May 2021 18:37

I must admit that we detoured through Much Markle once.

It feels kind of relevant to me because, with my domestic situation, I feel that I might have been in more danger than many and, because I grew up in a very similar rural situation to Fred West.