General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Queens Speech

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 11 May 2021 13:03

Poor old lady.

you can hear that the poor woman has been crying when she gives her speech a the opening of parliament.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 May 2021 15:34

First time opening Parliament without Philip by her side <3

Dermot

Dermot Report 11 May 2021 17:50

Family death is deeply personal

Sharron

Sharron Report 11 May 2021 18:06

She gets on with it doesn't she?

Otherwise,I suppose, you have to decide when to get back ino it.

Sharron

Sharron Report 11 May 2021 18:14

Routine isn't it?

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 12 May 2021 00:10

that's why its known as..

The Queens' Speech!!

she quotes My government....
Not Charles' government......yet....

Linda

Linda Report 12 May 2021 00:25

That what makes her a great Queen in my eyes, I think when she made that speech on her 21st birthday she meant every word and she will do her grieving in private but she got a job to do and it must be done

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 May 2021 06:27

Linda, yes, she sees it as her duty. I loved her outfit. She will see grieving as strictly personal and private now and she will continue to do her duty. I feel sorry for Charles as he too is grieving and is having to be strong for his Mother. Good that they were able to keep the speech reasonably short. I am sure it was hard for her though.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 12 May 2021 10:25

Did you notice how she kept her handbag on the seat with her rather than on floor by her feet. She did something similar at the funeral. It is said that she now carries mementos of Philip in her handbag, perhaps she feels he is close <3

I too thought her outfit was lovely not a colour that she often wears but I did think it suited her, although not the normal form of dress for the Queen's Speech, it did look regal. :-)