General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dry Shampoo

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Phyll

Phyll Report 13 Jan 2021 20:15

Can anyone suggest a good dry shampoo please. OH usually washes my hair but either burns me or drowns me.

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 13 Jan 2021 22:08

I haven't used one but my sister said 'Klorane' was good, I think she got it in Boots but not sure.

Barbra

Barbra Report 13 Jan 2021 22:19

Batiste at boots is good should be able to get it other outlets though Barbara

Phyll

Phyll Report 14 Jan 2021 11:36

Thank you Sheila & Barbra

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 14 Jan 2021 14:44

Phyll, you're a godsend! :-) I have a similar problem with OH trying to help me with my hair and I hadn't thought of dry shampoo.

I did a bit of googling and found a long article all about how to use it etc. It also said you could use baby powder!

There was also a warning, which would never have occurred to me, that most dry shampoos are made with talc but some also have powdered asbestos in them, which can cause cancer by being absorbed into the body through hair follicles.

They recommended that we should always check the ingredients before purchase.