General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The voice

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Jan 2021 20:44

Does anybody watch it? If so what do you think about this ability to block somebody from turning. I think it can get a bit juvenile.

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 9 Jan 2021 22:54

Yes I watch the Voice, not sure about the block button to be honest. There doesn't seem much point to me as singers were supposed to be able to choose if one or more coaches turned. I suppose they are trying to keep the audience interested. :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Jan 2021 08:15

And it’s seems unfair

One was going to turn and was blocked so the poor guy singing was sent home because no one else turned

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Jan 2021 08:43

That is what I think Shirley, it is unfair and, in my view unnecessary.

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 15 Jan 2021 04:59

I thought that the judges could only use the block button if they were turning themselves. The idea being that they would stand a better chance of the contestant chosing them. They can only block one other person, so there could still be competition from the others.

i don't know if each judge can only use their block button once throughout the series, or if they can blaock each of the other judges only once.

Will have to wait for next week to hear it all explained again.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Jan 2021 09:05

I must have missed the explanation Tess when do the explain.

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 15 Jan 2021 15:39

I saw the coaches talking after Tom blocked Olly and I'm sure someone said that they only have 1 block each, haven't heard any other explanation although I did read an article where Will said he wasn't sure if he liked the block button.

Edit
Think it might be Olly that blocked Tom.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Jan 2021 16:08

No I think it was Tom that blocked Olly because he was really frustrated that he couldn't turn.

JustGinnie

JustGinnie Report 15 Jan 2021 18:52

Thanks Ann, I think two much telly is addling my brain. ;-) :-D