General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Refusing the 'foreign' jab

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 7 Jan 2021 14:26

There are reports of over 80's not turning up for their appointments because they want the 'British' jab.
Should they now go to the back of the queue as their expected dose is liable to be wasted?

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 7 Jan 2021 14:29

Ungrateful b*****ds should not have one at all :-|. Deserving folk will be held up with theirs thanks to the likes of them

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 7 Jan 2021 14:30

:-| :-| :-| :-|

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 7 Jan 2021 14:35

I found it strange as I thought you weren't told which jab they were sticking into your arm.

There are also reports that Johnson & Johnson are working on a once only jab. That would be very useful - and then you would HAVE to know which one you had.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Jan 2021 14:41

Yes! I wonder if they question the origin of the 'flu jab?
Do they object to a 'foreign' doctor or surgeon treating them in hospital?

Do they realise AstraZeneca is involved in the 'British' vaccine - that's a Swedish firm.
I bet they don't know, the team worked with doctors at 19 trial sites around the UK and six each in Brazil and South Africa to get the trials done.

Reminds me of Internet vloggers saying they won't have the vaccine, because they don't know what's in it, whilst smiling through their botox inflated lips and regaling the world with their latest boob job and buttock extensions!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Jan 2021 19:51

Fantastic! I wish this was more widely advertised!

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 7 Jan 2021 20:22

The ‘British’ Oxford Zennica vaccine is mostly being made in two sites in England. It is then taken to an Indian owned factory in Wrexham for bottling.