General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Oh dear

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Jan 2021 11:42

I actually said aloud, what I've muttered to myself (usually including expletives) many a time :-0

Was due to get my chimney swept today, but I was up half the night with vomiting and diahorrea. Not sure what caused it - could it be a sign of Covid?
Anyway, I thought it prudent to cancel the sweep

Phoned the Council at 08:40. Had a list of buttons to press regarding potential departments - sweep didn't appear - so I pressed '7' for any other query.
I was told I was number '1' in the queue. Ten minutes later the phone hadn't been answered, but they offered to call me back. I accepted.
Twenty minutes later, I was called back. All I said was 'I need to cancel a sweep'. Silence - then:
'I'll transfer you to the relevant number' she said, and I was transferred back to the 'relevant' department, only to be informed I was 29th in the queue.
I waited, then requested a call back.

After an hour, I called back and pressed '7' again. This time, I managed to say a bit more, explained what had happened. She didn't know what a sweep was, so I explained - then she actually asked me 'What department does that come under?'

Well!!!!!! That was when I came out with 'I don't know, I'm not your admin'!!!! :-S :-S Fortunately, I missed out the expletives.

Then I emailed the Council - only to be informed I will receive a reply within 2 weeks.

Oh yes - and the second callback came 2 hours after I'd phoned them!

I know the sweep actually got my message, as he's just called me to let me know he'll be here on 3rd March.
All I really wanted to do was go back to bed this morning :-(

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 5 Jan 2021 12:13

Maggie, that's how my sis's covid began on Boxing Day so be careful.

When I texted her this morning (which I am doing rather than ringing because she is coughing a bit at the moment), she told me that her nausea had eased a little but fatigue had set in big-time. She feels she is on the mend so I hope she's right.

Island

Island Report 5 Jan 2021 13:29

OMG Maggie!

Shades of 'is it on the trolley? Can you point to it?' :-0 :-0

I hope you're feeling better soon.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 5 Jan 2021 13:50

Hope it was just something you ate.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 5 Jan 2021 13:54

Maggie, sis thought she had a tummy bug at first. :-(

Like names, I hope it is something you ate, :-(

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Jan 2021 14:58

I too, hope it was something I ate!
Have to admit, I opened a can of 'Princes' cod roe yesterday - years within it's 'use by' date.
It didn't look like any cod roe I'd seen before.
I had a slice - and threw it out.
Hopefully that was the cause of the problem.
I've been surviving on cups of tea so far, no food, and haven't had any further comeback! :-D

I also don't have a high temperature - if anything, it's low.

Sharron

Sharron Report 5 Jan 2021 15:18

Could be cholera though.

Just saying.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 Jan 2021 15:56

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-P :-P :-P

Annx

Annx Report 5 Jan 2021 23:27

Hope you feel better soon!

Annx

Annx Report 5 Jan 2021 23:27

Hope you feel better soon!

Caroline

Caroline Report 6 Jan 2021 01:19

Oh dear hope it improves soon, is it right wishing a stomach bug/food poisoning on you??