General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I'm no longer complaining!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kuros

Kuros Report 31 Dec 2020 16:09

I've been moaning - with many others - about being locked up in level four for Christmas but not any more. The day before Christmas Eve my sister, who is severely disabled with MS, was taken to hospital with COVID. On Christmas Eve I was asked in a phone call from a doctor if I wanted to put a DNR order in place in case her heart stopped. They'd also found out she was diabetic which no-one knew. Our surgery cancelled her annual blood tests last March and hasn't reinstated them or we may have been aware of that. It's been a dreadful week but the nurse on her ward told me yesterday that she was off the oxygen and had finished her antibiotics and they were looking to discharge her if her swabs are clear. It's a real Christmas miracle. I cannot thank the hospital staff enough and, if me staying inside means someone else doesn't have to go through what our family has this week, I certainly won't complain!

Annie

Fly

Fly Report 31 Dec 2020 16:29

Annie <3

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 31 Dec 2020 16:57

Annie, thinking of you and your sister....hope she continues to improve and makes a speedy recovery<3 <3

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 31 Dec 2020 17:00

<3 <3 <3

Many of us don't know if we have 'underlying conditions', which is why I've been quite happy to stay at home. Those with asymptomatic covid also know they don't have it.

I know my daughter, grand daughter and one grandson have conditions that make them vulnerable, and much as I'd love to hug them to bits, at least by staying home, I can shout at them across the garden, knowing I've done all I can to help them, and people like them (or even me!).

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 31 Dec 2020 18:34

It’s such a fright when COVID gets so near to home

Our step grandson was at College two weeks ago when the lad sitting behind was in distress and crying

Daughter got a phone call to collect him as the other boy had tested COVID positive

Daughter is vulnerable because she has an irritated airway from guillame barre that they think was the curser to her developing Hodgkin’s lymphoma

The chemo she had to treat it left her with a weakened immune System

Fortunately they both tested negative 5 days later

Big worry though

BrianW

BrianW Report 1 Jan 2021 09:39

My D-in-L who is a teacher has tested positive so my son who is a police sergeant has had to work from home organising police cover and response for most or all of Hertfordshire.