General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Chef!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Dec 2020 13:46

There are just the two of us and I have a set of pans plus part of another set with all of the steamer baskets but when I cook a meal, I often wash the same pan and use it for everything, putting a couple of steamer baskets on top.

OH, the chef with years of experience in military kitchens, cooked the Christmas dinner, which is only a roast with a couple of extra veg and some sauce. I think he must have used every pot, pan, dish and utensil in the kitchen!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 26 Dec 2020 15:28

As long as he also washed them up!

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 26 Dec 2020 15:41

Sounds like hubby and he isn’t a chef!

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Dec 2020 16:52

I wash, he dries and puts away because I stayed out of the way when they were putting the kitchen in so they fitted it to him and he's 6'8" which I am not!

Caroline

Caroline Report 26 Dec 2020 18:22

After I've cooked the dinner I don't wash up the dishes, that said I try to not use every pan if I can help it.....if my kids cook they tend to use every pan and then some.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 26 Dec 2020 18:27

Hubby is still 6’ I was 5’ 3” when we had our kitchen fitted to my height , I’m now 5’0” so he still wipes up and puts away.