General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Some people!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 24 Dec 2020 14:52

Daughter in tears as her workmates have ALL told her she can come to mine tomorrow as 6 people allowed.
That’s ok if you live the other side of the bridge but as most of them don’t they are in tier 4 already. Grr!

Her brother lives on his own and has been working from home all this time so sees no one, so he was coming.

Von

Von Report 24 Dec 2020 15:39

Information for Christmas is here
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/making-a-christmas-bubble-with-friends-and-family/making-a-christmas-bubble-with-friends-and-family

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 24 Dec 2020 15:52

We are in tier 4.

We can have one person who lives alone OR a support bubble.

There is no rule of 6 in Tier 4. Either over Christmas or at any time.

Caroline

Caroline Report 24 Dec 2020 16:04

The trouble is instructions seem to change almost daily and it gets confusing.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 24 Dec 2020 16:41

Sorry that your daughter has been upset. It just shows how confused people are though I don’t think that’s entirely the government’s fault. The information is out there and available in papers, TV, radio and online but a lot of people won't make the effort to find out the regulations, so they pick up half a story from something on the news or from Joe Bloggs down the road.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 24 Dec 2020 16:55

We started discussing this possibility as soon as we realised we were heading for tier 4. The basic rules are quite simple for this tier. The only problem was whether the son could stay overnight. That one is really not clear, although they are advising no overnight stay.
He doesn’t want to take that risk so the cook has to stay ‘dry’ and pick him up and drop him off.

ann

ann Report 24 Dec 2020 18:08

My daughter has self isolated for over 2 weeks and taking her children out of school. She had to have a operation on Monday so i had to have the children overnight as she is single. We are in Tier 4 so would i be allowed to have her here tomorrow or will i have to take dinner round and leave on the doorstep? She is in our bubble as she was covid tested for her operation

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 24 Dec 2020 19:06

Ann, I think that is Ok as it is a support bubble with one other household. We would have been 3 households.
Hope she is recovering well.