General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finally....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 17 Dec 2020 08:31

The side fence has now been installed, seven months after the old one blew down in the May gales :-)

We got to know our neighbours on that side extremely well during that period :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Dec 2020 14:28

Have you fitted a low panel for 'chat' purposes?

Allan

Allan Report 17 Dec 2020 21:11

Nope, just throw notes over wrapped around bricks ;-)

10 points for a broken window, 20 for a screaming child :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Dec 2020 21:38

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Elizabethofseasons

Elizabethofseasons Report 19 Dec 2020 13:05

Dear Allan and All

Hello

Only a few months!

Cor!

Normally, it takes about that length of time for the phone to be answered at these places of jumped up jobsworth.

I realise I am being totally unreasonable but I expect people to have a little common sense. :-D :-D

This is a quality in short supply. :-S :-S

Take gentle care
Best wishes
Elizabeth, EOS
xx

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 19 Dec 2020 13:15

Bet the neighbours are relieved it’s up. ;-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Dec 2020 14:07

Still waiting for next door neighbour to have theirs repaired
A panel blew down in feb when we had very windy weather for several days

Feel like I,m in a fishbowl as it’s very near the back of the house and often see the neighbour near the fence line even though I,m sitting indoors

We have spoken much more than we ever have though as she usually keeps herself to herself

To be fair though she has tried to get it repaired.had quotes but then was told fences in short supply at the moment

She needs the whole fence replaced including the concrete posts so not a quick one panel replacement
:-( :-(

Allan

Allan Report 19 Dec 2020 21:18

Ours was over 20 metres in length. The old fence was a type called 'HardieFence' which was a compressed type of cement material.

These replaced the old asbestos cement fencing panels which stopped production in the very early 1980's due to the health problems associated with asbestos.

HardieFence is no longer produce and the vast majority of fencing now is metal.

In fairness to the Fencing Contractor, it was estimated that in the two storms that hit us just a few days apart most of the houses in Australind lost their old HardieFence fences.

Our contractor alone had over two hundred fences to replace and priority had to be given to those houses where a safety hazard was caused by having no fence, for example where it meant that there was no safety barrier to swimming pools.