General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What happened to ..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 26 May 2020 10:19

... my eyesight/ driving thread? It was there last night and now seems to have evaporated.

Dermot

Dermot Report 26 May 2020 10:26

The PM's 'best political friend' in the Rose Garden may well have taken umbrage. :-0

Island

Island Report 26 May 2020 10:26

I didn't see it namesie - are you sure you put it on this board?

but if it was about DC - had he forgotten the sight requirement when he took his driving test? 60 odd feet stationary not 25 miles cruising!

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 26 May 2020 11:47

Dermot, don't frighten everyone into stopping posting. :-0

Not that it will prevent most, if not all of us, from stating our points of view no matter how unpalatable they may be to some.

Comments on here, while apt, will be small potatoes compared with what flak he and Trump2 are getting from others. :-0

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 26 May 2020 11:54

I didn’t name anyone. I just wondered who else knew about being able to drive with poor sight.

Someone must have reported it over night and it got whooshed first thing.

Dermot

Dermot Report 26 May 2020 12:02

Mr Magoo, the wacky adventures of a nearly blind senior citizen with a great energy and sense of humour, who doesn't accept that he almost can't see, and whose imagination compensates when he drives or does anything else a person with normal vision can do.

His wimpy nephew, Waldo, is afraid of telling his uncle the truth. Everyone around Mr. Magoo has reasons to be afraid and will suffer the consequences of Magoo's actions. :-D

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 26 May 2020 12:16

Just to make it clear you are referring to Mr Magoo not MR MAGOO otherwise :-D

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 26 May 2020 12:33

it was there early this morning

Island

Island Report 26 May 2020 12:40

the thick plottens :-S

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 26 May 2020 12:47

and appears to be in charge of 'Merica

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 26 May 2020 13:27

Trump had my thread whooshed :-S ;-)

On the very rare occasion that I’ve reported a post I have always been upfront about why. I have never reported a thread and can’t believe there was anything contentious about the O P.

Maybe the person who reported I it could let me know where I went wrong.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 26 May 2020 16:15

Dermot! I agree with your last sentence.

DC did not last too long with Duncan Smith but he's been fairly quiet about the whole situation compared to Gove.

My mind always asks why people who ought to know better back someone who has clearly flouted the rules, however, instead of an answer, I always come up with another question - what is the hold over them? It's not as though he comes with a brilliant track record as far as I can see. Nothing spectacular happened when he went overseas to set up an airline, did it? The airline bombed.

(I just can't help the way I think.)

For me, the argument put forward that he is extremely intelligent does not ring true for what truly intelligent person would have flouted the rules then compounded the situation by his subsequent actions?

An intelligent person would have realised the consternation and problems it would have caused his employers.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 26 May 2020 17:43

JoyL ..............

a person who believes that he is more intelligent than anyone else might well feel so superior to them that he can do whatever he wants, and say whatever he wants because they know he is more intelligent and therefore must be right.

The operative word in that sentence being "believes" ;-)

ergo ................ someone's recent behaviour and interviews.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 26 May 2020 17:50

Spot on Sylvia. :-)

BrianW

BrianW Report 27 May 2020 10:07

Our opticians is closed so I've just been on a six mile drive to check my eyesoght.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 27 May 2020 10:10

:-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 27 May 2020 14:45

Brian, you're allowed fifty if it's a second trip during lockdown! :-D