General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Duplication of entry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Steven

Steven Report 18 May 2020 11:24

Hi Guys

I wonder if you can help. I am new to GR. I have just started to fill in my family tree. I have a couple of queries:

1. Duplication. Where a person appears twice - is it possible to delete one or, even better, combine the information concerning him/her so that a person only appears once in the tree?

2. I really want to show the tree so that generations of a similar age appear on the same horizontal line. Is that possible?

Many thanks in anticipation of your help.

Best regards

Steven

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 18 May 2020 11:30

Removal of duplication in the way you describe is possible with Ancestry, not with GRu. You just have to start at the end of the branch and saw of entries one at a time. Tedious.
GRu tree does not make any special effort to line up generations.

Given that it is a free product GRu is very good value especially for those starting with FH. If you want more then consider one of the paying products.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 18 May 2020 19:47

at times with the Genes tree, in the manner in which it is structured,it seems convenient to show a second version of the same person, whereas with a more expensive tree program they would be connected correctly.......