General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Skyline web cams

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Florence61

Florence61 Report 11 May 2020 11:16

I came across the site ages ago. It shows webcams from all over the world and its live.I clicked on uk and then Brighton Pier. How interesting watching people coming and going etc.Just now for a change, I clicked on Ireland.

There there are several police cars in the town stopping cars and buses, although I don't know whats actually happening.

But its a good time passer and maybe if you take a look, there may be a webcam near your town or city.
Most people are totally oblivious that they are on a camera! So beware, big brother could be watching you.

There are several in the uk and wales.

So if you have some spare time, take a look, its very interesting

Florence in the hebrides

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 May 2020 11:23

That's fascinating Florence!
You can also see how Coronavirus is truly a pandemic! :-(
Empty beaches across the world.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 11 May 2020 11:29

Yes amazing.Before the pandemic, beaches in Tenerife were heaving back in Jan/feb and now completely deserted. I think The Dublin one is showing the police just stopping cars, buses and cyclists too asking them where they are going maybe or looking on the buses to see how many people are on them maybe?

Once last summer my dad left Brighton marina and went along to the pier. I watched on my PC and then when I could see his boat, he tel me.How blooming amazing is that!!

He said next time he would wave a union jack....lol

Its just a great distraction from everything just now.

Florence in the hebrides

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 11 May 2020 13:47

Try NewbZealand and Oz.

There brilliant

Mistycat

Mistycat Report 11 May 2020 21:44

Thank you Florence, I’d never heard of the site.

I’m waiting for daybreak in Hong Kong, where I lived for a few years, last saw it in 2017.......how exciting to watch it live again

#timewaster tee hee

Misty x

Florence61

Florence61 Report 12 May 2020 09:45

So glad Mistycat and yes it sure does pass the time:-))

Florence in the hebrides