General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

tree matches

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

James

James Report 10 May 2020 23:48

I have recently rejoined after being missing for a few years. i have been clicking on the tree matching stars on my tree but a little hand symbol comes up but nothing else. could anyone help me, am i doing something wrong?

Kense

Kense Report 11 May 2020 07:21

You should find another GR tab appearing in your browser which will contain the details.

Inky1

Inky1 Report 11 May 2020 09:51

My pc runs with Windows. For me, the additional tabs ceased quite a long time ago.
Assuming that you use Windows, when you hover over a purple star you need to click the pointed finger.
You should then see a message “You have N Tree Matches” and a ‘View’ button.
Click that button and the results should appear on the main Genes Reunited tab.

EDIT
You may care to read my comment on this thread:-

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1383612

Kense

Kense Report 11 May 2020 11:19

I should have mentioned the discrepancy between the number of matches indicated on the star and the number in the list on the other tab. That is because the list on the other tab used the exact year only. If you change the range in the Amend Search box to +/- 1 you should get more matches.

James

James Report 25 May 2020 10:53

anybody still out there?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 25 May 2020 13:05

Why? If you have another question just ask it.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 25 May 2020 20:26

James ...............

members only are posting on here. But they can give you incredible help..

GR staff do not look at threads, they do not respond to questions posted on here.

You have to email them at .......

[email protected]

they will reply in 3-5 business days.

BUT your question has been answered above by Inky1 and Kense. Did you read the responses??

Things have changed quite dramatically on GR since you were last on here.

We're the poor cousin to FindMyPast now.