General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

****V.E.DAY****

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 8 May 2020 11:17

<3 <3 Remembering the Heroes who gave us our today the sacrifice they made .my FIL lost many of his friends One who did come back with FIL survived a Concentration Camp they came home to families God Bless Them All & THANK YOU <3 <3

Maddie

Maddie Report 8 May 2020 11:32

a generation off the likes never to be seen again
bless them all and thank you <3

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 8 May 2020 12:50

The war was not finished in May 1945 for Dad. His ship was sent to the South China Sea after serving in the Med and North Atlantic. :-(

Nor was it over in May for an Uncle who died in Germany in July 1945. :-(

Nor for anyone who carried their injuries with them throughout their lives. :-(

But for those who no longer had to endure the horrors that war brings. :-)

For those heroes, every courageous one of them, whose bravery made the lives we live today possible ..... <3 <3 <3

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 8 May 2020 16:57

Well,it seems if you have survived the 2nd War you now have to fight the Virus :-(

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 8 May 2020 17:09

I have been thinking of my Dad and the crew who were fireman in London during the Blitz. He saw and dealt with horrendous situations <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 9 May 2020 00:15

So much to be thankful for

Lizx