General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lockdown

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 6 May 2020 13:04

Is lockdown starting to feel normal to anybody else?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 6 May 2020 14:01

Trying to plan out what to first. Still looking at a blank piece of paper :-D

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 6 May 2020 15:00

It's pretty normal to me anyway. I usually only go out twice a week - once for shopping and two hours a week meeting a couple of friends.

With hubby and son at home all the time at the moment I have more company than I usually do.

Kath. x

Island

Island Report 6 May 2020 15:07

No. :-\ It feels like the final waiting room.

Dermot

Dermot Report 6 May 2020 15:14

What was 'normal' yesterday is unlikely to be regurgitated.

Maddie

Maddie Report 6 May 2020 15:16

no change for me except thedifficulty of on line shoppng, now eased somewhat

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 6 May 2020 15:27

It's pretty normal for me too. The main difference is the library is closed - I am re-reading all the books in the house, many of which haven't been opened for 50 years!!

Some of them I am enjoying and others I have given up almost at the beginning and am wondering why I liked them in the first place. How tastes change!! :-) :-)

Caroline

Caroline Report 6 May 2020 15:33

I'm re-reading books too :-)

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 6 May 2020 17:02

I'm having an enormous Spring Clean! (I usually avoid housework)

So - no, it's not feeling 'normal' - but very satisfying :-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 6 May 2020 17:03

I doubt if I'll be allowed to attend my own funeral. :-S

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 6 May 2020 18:04

Not much change for me either, except we can't go and sit in the coffee shop with friends if we want to, it has to be take-out.

I'm re-reading books that we already have and also buying new paperbacks online from a Canadian bookstore, which is also what I also do normally.

I am spending less time on the computer, but that may be more due to the fact that I haven't been able to go to physio so my back is acting up even more than usual.

Barbra

Barbra Report 6 May 2020 18:28

We go out once a week to shop early morning sometimes it's ten days depends on supplies nobody about in the village all shops shut apart from two supermarkets & the CO.OP .it's hard as we love to go to the Galloway Forrest .Stay safe Barbara

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 6 May 2020 18:45

I think we have adjusted to not leaving the house. We have done a lot of work in the garden and also sorting drawers and cupboards in the house. We are content although we do miss being able to visi garden centres to see what plants we fancy and we miss our days being regulated by our U3a activities. We are lucky, we have each other and, because we want to keep it that way we will stay I. As long as it takes.
I have a lot of unread paperback books and also some on my kindle so I am ok there. I also have my card making.
I have made the first two batches of scones for about thirty years but no more flour has stopped that.
Children and grandchildren are very good at keeping in touch via Facebook and emails too.