General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Find it. Fix it. Flog it.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 5 May 2020 11:34

I’ve been watching this program and it is interesting but what I will never understand is why people keep stuff that is of no use to them, broken etc.
Hubby is like that and even wanted to buy another shed because the one we have which is very big and full up, I said no cos that will be filled with junk too.
So why why why are people like that :-( :-D :-( :-D

Island

Island Report 5 May 2020 11:41

Because ZZzzz :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 5 May 2020 11:44

My mother would buy things that were broken because you can never have too much junk can you?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 5 May 2020 12:14

:-D

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 5 May 2020 12:24

My brother would want to donate things to a charity shop that were totally useless rather than throw it away, it became an obsession and he would ask me to take it, I took a lot to the dump.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 5 May 2020 12:29

It is a good thing to have a clearout now and again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-11499030

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 5 May 2020 12:44

"Sotheby's described the sale as an "auctioneer's dream"."

not forgetting a possible 15% +vat surcharge.....

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 5 May 2020 13:02

To be fair to hubby he does occasionally have a clear out but only when he can’t get in his man cave/shed/ work shop. But not often enough.

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 5 May 2020 13:52

I am mindful of the fact that we have a little too much 'stuff' and have been sorting out. I have an aversion to dumping things in landfill, our recycling centre is very good and has a home for lots of things, but not old crockery/glasses. You can't put drinking glasses in recycling, and the crockery is just old stuff not good enough for charity shops. Any mosaic makers out there? :-D

Maddie

Maddie Report 5 May 2020 16:23

when i was a child you either fixed it or if beyond repair buried in the garden. No recycling centres then, just the rag and bone man. happy days