General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Beware the Typo!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 4 May 2020 11:15

I don't know where this came from but is circulating at the moment:

DEAR NEIGHBOUR:
Hi, Max. This is Richard, next door. I’ve been riddled with guilt for a few months and have been trying to get up the courage to tell you face-to-face. When you’re not around, I’ve been sharing your wife, day and night, probably much more than you. I haven’t been getting it at home recently. I know that’s no excuse. The temptation was just too great. I can’t live with the guilt & hope you’ll accept my sincere apology and forgive me.
Please suggest a fee for usage and I’ll pay you.
Regards
Richard

Max, feeling enraged and betrayed, grabbed his gun, went next door, shot Richard dead. He returned home, shot his wife, poured himself a very stiff drink and sat down on the sofa. Max then looked at his phone and discovered a second text message from Richard.

SECOND TEXT MESSAGE
Hi, Max. Richard here again. Sorry about the typo on my last text. I assume you figured it out and noticed that the darned Spell-Checker had changed “wi-fi” to “wife”. Technology, huh? It’ll be the death of us all.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 4 May 2020 11:36

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Kath. x

Island

Island Report 4 May 2020 11:44

:-0 :-D :-D

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 4 May 2020 11:45

:-D :-D :-D

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 4 May 2020 13:38

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 4 May 2020 14:12

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 4 May 2020 15:03

:-D :-D

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 4 May 2020 16:16

Florence61

Florence61 Report 4 May 2020 21:48

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 5 May 2020 12:44

Have you noticed that only the females have appreciated the message?
What does that tell us?

Island

Island Report 5 May 2020 13:14

That men don't get it? :-D :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 5 May 2020 13:23

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 5 May 2020 13:28

Island

Island Report 5 May 2020 13:40

Still googling for a lengthy article on wives? :-D :-D :-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 5 May 2020 17:23

not many men have guns, methinks!

Kense

Kense Report 5 May 2020 17:29

ProbAbly not appreciated as most men have seen it before and remembered it. ;-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 5 May 2020 18:29

then there was the tale of two women discussing how they died.the first said she was looking for her husbands' mistress,and had looked every where but couldn't find her,knew her husband was cheating, and was so distraught she threw herself out of a window......."and how did YOU die?" she said to the other,

the second woman said "well if you'd looked in the freezer, we'd both still be alive.....!"

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 5 May 2020 18:46

:-D

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 6 May 2020 23:39

SYLVIA: Hi! Wanda.
WANDA: Hi! Sylvia.
How'd you die?
SYLVIA: I froze to death.
WANDA: How horrible!
SYLVIA: It wasn't so bad. After I quit shaking from the cold, I began to get warm & sleepy, and finally died a peaceful death.
What about you?
WANDA: I died of a massive heart attack. I suspected that my husband was cheating, so I came home early to catch him in the act. But instead, I found him all by himself in the den watching TV.
SYLVIA: So, what happened?
WANDA: I was so sure there was another woman there somewhere that I started running all over the house looking.
I ran up into the attic and searched, and down into the basement. Then I went through every closet and checked under all the beds.
I kept this up until I had looked everywhere, and finally I became so exhausted that I just keeled over with a heart attack and died.
SYLVIA: Too bad you didn't look in the freezer -- we'd both still be alive.