General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jude

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Feb 2020 09:10

For those who know her from on here.

Just adding as I am sure you would want to know. Jude and Vic have been flooded out of their home They are OK and this week I think they are being put in a flat. She says they have all sorts happening with a flat, furniture, clothes etc. Her home is I think right on the bank of the River Wye.

If I hear any more I will let you know but she says they are OK.

How horrible these floods are. And just as people are dried out they are likely to be hit again. Feel so sorry for them.

Von

Von Report 24 Feb 2020 09:22

So sorry to hear this Ann. Please give them my best wishes <3 <3 <3

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 24 Feb 2020 09:26

What a horrible thing to happen.
I can't begin to imagine the devastation for them, but it's good to know they are safe.

Please give them my best wishes that a comfortable home can be found, while the situation is sorted.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 24 Feb 2020 10:09

Oh how sad, AnnG.....I do hope that Jude & her Family can get things sorted without too much hassle. Thinking of them all <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Feb 2020 11:13

Their home is wrecked apparently and has to be replaced or cash (I assume that is the insurance. I am pretty certain that that area has never flooded before. But thankfully they are ok.

Dermot

Dermot Report 24 Feb 2020 11:52

The Yorkshire village of Fishlake was hit by devastating floods last year, but what happens to those families affected when the water recedes?

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 24 Feb 2020 14:42

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry to hear this.

Glad Jude and Vic are ok, but what a traumatic experience for them.
Please send them my best wishes Ann xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Feb 2020 14:54

Thanks Jem.

Caroline

Caroline Report 24 Feb 2020 15:13

Absolutely awful for them and all involved.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 Feb 2020 17:32

How awful for them.

I assume that if their home is wrecked that they will have to find somewhere else. Is the flat a permanent replacement or temporary?

Please give them by best wishes, Ann

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 24 Feb 2020 18:15

So sad to hear this! Poor Jude and Vic. I was only thinking about her recently.

Wasn't their home a Park home? I do hope things get sorted soon for them. Please pass on my love and best wishes.

Lizxx

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 24 Feb 2020 18:43

I didn’t know Jude well but I do remember her on the boards. That’s really sad news, they must feel shell shocked. It must be terrible to lose your home like that and I really feel for them. Please send them my very best wishes and I hope they can get everything settled very quickly.

Annx

Annx Report 24 Feb 2020 20:43

Yes it would be terrible to lose not only your home but some of your belongings too. You would think you were safe with it never happening before as well. At least they are ok and may not be the only ones affected where they are. Life must be chaotic till you get sorted out though, so best wishes to them.

Island

Island Report 25 Feb 2020 09:32

Poor Jude! I remember them moving to that house and how pleased she was. Such a shame. Please pass on my best wishes Ann.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 25 Feb 2020 09:53

I have mentioned the thread (as she is able to read but not post) and said how she has a lot of support. She will look when she has time when arrangements are sorted out, her daughter has seen there is a thread and will tell her.
Yes it was a park home and they loved it and loved the situation where they had visits from lots of birds, ducks etc. Sadly not built of brick and unable to survive the battering of the Wye. :-( :-( <3 <3

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 25 Feb 2020 19:12

How devastating, the flooding along Severn and Wye, and elsewhere, has been awful and may yet get worse. Thinking of Jude <3