General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Winter Wonderland.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 24 Feb 2020 08:57

Morning All.

Well we have got the dreaded snow .

Hope Everyone is safe around Yorkshire and around the Country.
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 24 Feb 2020 09:07

Oooooerr Sue :-0

Take care, be safe <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 24 Feb 2020 09:11

Stay safe Sue and please keep it up there. We just have more floods but thankfully not us personally. <3

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 24 Feb 2020 18:54

Look on the bright side. You live in God's own country.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 24 Feb 2020 19:07

Yes I know Bob and I love it. but Snow isn't good when I live in a small village with only one shop a mile and a quarter down the road.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 Feb 2020 20:13

How much snow have you got??

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 24 Feb 2020 21:29

Enough which is plenty round here.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 Feb 2020 23:12

I just think back to when I lived just on the other side of the Pennines, and we used to get loads!!

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 25 Feb 2020 10:26

I spent a year in Catterick and as I remember it snowed every day and the temperature didn't rise above zero. Hang on a minute, I do remember sunny afternoons with a local lass (no names, no pack drill) on the banks of the river Swale. Happy days.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 25 Feb 2020 12:52

I am not a country person but I do think Swaledale is lovely.

OH and I love to visit - he, especially, because some of his ancestors came from Muker and some are interred there too.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 25 Feb 2020 17:12

OH's relations come from Yorkshire, Westmorland, and Lancashire ............ that little area where all 3 counties used to meet. They used to move from corn mill in one county to corn mill in another, usually exchanging between cousins or close connections, makes them very difficult to to trace as all families liked the same forenames.

His father was born near Winterburn in North Yorkshire