General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Update on Mr Tibbs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Mar 2019 08:31

Mr Tibbs is my 5 year old moggy

He developed aggressive attacks on me that had increased in the last few months

Well glad to report there has only one occasion in the last two weeks when he suddenly turned on me

I have the felloway plugged in . Need to replace soon as it doesn't last that long !

I keep one of the laser pens on the coffee table by my armchair and if he looks like he is getting wound up we have a session of chase the lazer mouse and I direct it gradually to the back door so I can open it and get the mouse outdoors so he quickly follows and presto he is out till he calms down

He eventually saunters back in as if nothing was wrong

We also have a play session with it once a day ,usually afternoon or early evening

I am still a bit wary of passing him in a small area , he did swipe my trouser leg yesterday but a loud NOOO seemed to do the trick

So hopefully I have some control over the situation now

;-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 19 Mar 2019 09:10

sounds like he was making a take over bid for being 'master' of the house. Hope all continues to be ok

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 20 Mar 2019 23:03

Sounds like you're teaching him who's boss! :-D :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 20 Mar 2019 23:10

I think you may have to carry a rolled up newspaper around
and if he attacks bang it down hard on a surface
that will make a sudden loud noise ;-) ;-)

Thats what I do when Steve jumps on the girls :-D
or I spray him with a water bottle :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 20 Mar 2019 23:56

I think my cats have manners - George (cat) just attacks Betty (other cat)! :-D
He is then told to 'stairs'( ie - go upstairs) and realises I am cross)

...but then, occasionally Betty 'jumps' George and makes a fuss when he retaliates....... :-(