General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Just got back from my morning walk

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 15 Jan 2019 22:19

which takes me along the Leschenault estuary and apart from a very large colony of black swans I also saw a young dolphin.

The estuary itself is not really that deep particularly in the area where I was, although there are channels for small craft.

To see dolphins here is not unusual, but what this one was doing was.

It was threshing the water with its tail and the consuming the resultant stunned fish.

Ain't Mother Nature wonderful :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 15 Jan 2019 22:24

The walk sounded great Allan, hope it's not too hot right now isn't there a heatwave??

Berniethatwas

Berniethatwas Report 15 Jan 2019 22:24

Mullet I presume !

B

Allan

Allan Report 15 Jan 2019 22:41

Bernie, mainly bream

Caroline, that's why I go early mornings. Yes there is currently a heat wave and Marble Bar in the North of WA has had temps over 45c for eight days running, and on one of those days the temp was 49.6c

Mind you, Marble bar does have the reputation of being the hottest spot in Australia.

At the moment we are running at about 27c but this weekend temps in the high thirties, low forties are expected.

With everyone running their air conditioners and given the fragile state of our electricity supply, there's bound to be power outages :-(

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 16 Jan 2019 09:37

That sounds a great walk, Allan.Must have been quite something to see them doing that.

As you prepare for a heatwave, we have warnings of large temperature drops overnight tonight.

Caroline

Caroline Report 16 Jan 2019 12:25

Going to feel like minus 29 here this weekend so don't feel too cold in the UK :-)

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 16 Jan 2019 13:49

That walk sound my ideal walk..

Snow forecast for Yorkshire this weekend..

Would sooner have warmer temps but can't have it all can we. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D <3 <3 <3

Caroline

Caroline Report 16 Jan 2019 14:16

Why not LOL :-D :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 16 Jan 2019 20:45

Wot, no Fremantle Doc, Allan, or does it not reach as far as you?

We sometimes used to get evening hailstone showers after days like that. The temperature dropped by ten or more degrees and the children were always allowederout (remember that expression?) for half an hour before bedtime. :-D

Allan

Allan Report 16 Jan 2019 22:09

Yes, JoyLouise, the Fremantle Doctor does do home visits, but this year it doesn't seem as active :-(

No dolphins on today's walk but there would have been six or seven hundred black swans. The estuary is alive with them.

Mind you, it is one of there breeding grounds