General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gardinia in flower

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 5 Jan 2019 18:32

OK we have a walled garden in a town centre but this is Yorkshire! There is only one flower out at the moment but I am living in hopes of more. On a walk round town today I saw what I believe was a ceanothus, small mid blue flowers, in flower. Unless there is a joker sticking plastics flowers on this must be climate change.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 5 Jan 2019 19:14

Climate change, and possibly also season shifting

We found last year that we had some unexpectedly warm weather early on, but then it turned cold and real spring was a few weeks late, so was summer and fall ............. and now winter seems to be late arriving here on the West Coast of Canada.

We even saw a lot less snow on the Prairies in early December on our annual trip across the country than in previous years ........... like none in many areas.

Sharron

Sharron Report 5 Jan 2019 19:22

I think we will lose trees. They are not without leaves for very long now.

ShelleyRose

ShelleyRose Report 15 Jan 2019 17:16

snowdrops in bloom and last years petunias still flowering - the latter looking a bit untidy and scruffy now, I'm in Scotland.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 15 Jan 2019 17:31

My fushias don't know they should be leafless now and gone to sleep and look like dead twigs,they are still in full bud and flowering,also like Shelly petunias are still in growth and flowering..!

Stuff put in the greenhouse to over winter are still kicking in with new growth..