Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lost Cousins website

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra S

Sandra S Report 27 Jun 2004 14:37

Has anyone used www(.)lostcousins(.).com ? It seems quite a good idea, just wondered if anyone has had any sucess with it.

Abigail

Abigail Report 27 Jun 2004 16:52

I could not get in. It told me that the site was by invitation only and I would only be able to get in if I had a passcode given by another member! Maybe my cousins don't want to find me LOL! Abigail

Maud

Maud Report 27 Jun 2004 17:16

Hi Sandra, I too have joined the LostCousins site, and have entered all my ancestors who were on the 1881 census (for England) I have also become a "Buddie" meaning that you help other people to track down their ancestors. Apart from that however, through mentioning I was seeking for a baptism, when making a report for someone`s query, I was amazed to later receive a reply and there was the answer I had been searching for, for some years now!! not only the person concerned, but also giving the father & mother so I was thrilled as you can imagine, so yes, it is a good site to be on, although not like this one, there are other benefits, if you are seeking, its best to be on as many as you can.

Christine2

Christine2 Report 28 Jun 2004 09:51

I have just been and had a look at this site. It's .co.uk by the way. It seems that you have to have a password in this pre-launch period but you can leave your e-mail address and they will let you know when it is up and running to everyone. Chris

Sandra S

Sandra S Report 28 Jun 2004 10:54

Hi Sorry, forgot to add the password/passcode. It's FHS8 Sandra

Marlene

Marlene Report 28 Jun 2004 12:34

Hi There's also a site called cousinconnect(.)com where you can post messages and photos. I've had several replies but no joy as yet! It's free! Marlene in the South Pacific

Patricia

Patricia Report 28 Jun 2004 12:38

Have not been able to even find the website at www.lostcousins - is there any more to it than that?

Lynne

Lynne Report 28 Jun 2004 14:03

Patricia It's (dot) com. Lynne

Lynne

Lynne Report 28 Jun 2004 14:06

Sandra I just tried logging in using FHSB as you said but it says it is not valid. Lynne

Christine2

Christine2 Report 28 Jun 2004 14:15

Sandra said FHS8 (not B) Chris

Lynne

Lynne Report 28 Jun 2004 14:16

Thanks Chrissie The sun is shining on my monitor - LOL! Lynne

Christine2

Christine2 Report 28 Jun 2004 14:20

I have just noticed on my earlier message thet it says "it's by the way"!!! I put it's (.)co(.)uk by the way , now I know why you all put brackets. LOL - Chris