Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

British Subjects - India

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carey

Carey Report 24 Jun 2007 21:49

Hello, Earlier today a very kind person pointed me in the direction of FINDMYPAST which has records of births of British subjects overseas. I have searched these indexes for my Great Grandma - Adelaide Cecilia Veall (who I think was born 1896, Bellary, India) but could not find her. I am desperately trying to find if there is a middle name on her birth certificate or her mother's maiden name to check this is the correct person I have connected with a tree on this site. Does anybody else know which direction I can go in now? Many thanks. Regards, Carey.

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 24 Jun 2007 22:03

Could this be her on Family Search:- Adelaide Celia Frances Veall Female Event(s): Birth: 31 MAR 1894 Birth: 31 MAR 1894 Christening: 13 APR 1894 Bellary, , Tamil Nadu, India Death: Burial: Parents: Father: Aubry John Veall Family Mother: Gertrude Jessie

FamilyFogey

FamilyFogey Report 25 Jun 2007 08:45

I saw these too: Aubrey John Veall Event(s): Birth: 13 FEB 1867 Christening: 17 NOV 1892 Bellary, , Tamil Nadu, India Parents: Father: Albert Veall Mother: Ellen Albert Edward Veall Pedigree Event(s): Birth: 10 SEP 1895 , Tamil Nadu, India Christening: 30 OCT 1895 Bellary, , Tamil Nadu, India Parents: Father: Aubrey John Veall Mother: Gertrude Jessie

Miriam

Miriam Report 25 Jun 2007 11:29

Dear Carey The India family history site could be useful - www(.)fibis(.)org - remove brackets. A search on Veall gives the following entries: - Place of marriage Bombay Marriage year 1853 Husband first names J. Husband surname De Vitre Wife first names Elizabeth Wife surname Veall Presidency of Marriage BENGAL Marriage Year 1858 Husband First Names William Husband Surname Vealls Wife First Names Maria Wife Surname Barckley Year 1867 Surname Veall First names Aubery John Best of luck with your research Maria

Tina

Tina Report 24 Oct 2019 09:05

Dear Carey
My great grandmother was Adelaide Cecilia Veall. I would love to contact you about this

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Oct 2019 09:53

Tina
Unfortunately Carey isn’t a member anymore

Try looking in members trees which is in the search heading above the boards to see if anyone has Adelaide or her family in their tree

You can then try to make contact by sending a message by clicking on the find out more box

Kay????

Kay???? Report 24 Oct 2019 11:17

AFC Veall/ACF Veall appears in members trees on Ancestry......perhaps Carey is one of tree owners.?

You would need to subscribe to that site in order to make contact.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 24 Oct 2019 11:33

Welcome to the boards, Tina.

Adelaide is on the GR tree of someone named Michael.
See "search" at the top right of this page, then "Search All Member Trees".

Click on "Find out more" beside his name, and sen him a short message explaining your interest.

EDIT: As already suggested by Shirley, I see.

Tina

Tina Report 28 Oct 2019 18:13

Thank you for all the helpful suggestions