Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finding real biological grandfather

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Crimson

Crimson Report 1 Apr 2024 12:16

Hi Everyone, hope you are having a lovely Easter!

I am looking for some advice, I recently did an ancestry DNA test and found to my surprise that I have between 25 and 41 % welsh heritage, I have lots of matches for my mums mothers side but none for her fathers side( he had at least 9 brothers & sisters) so I am assuming that he was not her real biological father. I do however have a lot of unexplained welsh heritage matches, the highest one is 44cm on Ancestry but the same is 80% on myheritage, I am thinking that my real biological GF was welsh but am surprised that there are not any matches with higher cm.
I have a rough idea where to look as the same surnames are coming up again and again but how should I go about tracking my real GF down, I am lost and don't know really how or where would be the best place to start..is 44cm too distant? I am lost and my brain is frazzled! Any advice on where to start would be greatly appreciated
:-S :-S

greyghost

greyghost Report 1 Apr 2024 12:23

Please only post the same request on one board. There is a reply on Find Ancestors asking you a question in an attempt to help you.

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1402726