Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family and Family History Search

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 18 Jul 2023 15:28

I was born in Canada but both of my grandmothers were born in the UK. My paternal grandmother was Mabel Emily Tucker, born 1890 in Ramsgate, Kent to Walter Tucker and Edith Hagar. My maternal grandmother was Frances Jemima Humphries, born 1897 in Wishaw/Motherwell, Scotland. My maternal grandfather (John Stark) was Canadian, but his ancestry was from Kisyth, Scotland. I have a lot of UK surnames in my ancestry, including: Tucker (Kent), Templeman (Somerset and Moray, Scotland), Beard (Gloucestershire), Hagar (Hertfordshire and Kent), Biggs (Kent), Watson (Kent), Marsh (Kent), Cornell (Kent), Birch (Kent), Clarke (Middlesex), Horsell (Wiltshire), Mathews (Wiltshire), Cox (?), Wright (Gloucestershire), Ireland (Gloucestershire), Stark (Kilsyth), Humphries (Staffordshire, Worcestershire, Lanarkshire), Hawkins, Franks (Shropshire, Worcestershire), Mees (Staffordshire, Worcestershire), Duff (Aberdeenshire, Lanarkshire), Nielson (Perthshire), Fish (Roxboroughshire), Lumsden (Roxboroughshire), Gerrond (Kircudbrighshire), Mossop, Fowler, Eldridge (Sussex), Alcott, Hilliard (Dorset), Devonish (Dorset), Livingstone (Kilsyth), Baird (Kilsyth), Campbell (Lanarkshire), Martin (Kircudbrighshire), Rae (Roxboroughshire), Biglome (Kircudbrighshire), Summerhill (Gloucestershire), Taylor (Gloucestershire), Cratchley (Gloucestershire) and Townsend (Gloucestershire, Hallfield/Affield (Gloucestershire). I also have Irish, including Devine/Devane/Duane and Shea/O'Shea from Kerry (likely Foley, Ashe and or O'Connor from Kerry as well), Beamish from Cork, Bolland, likely from Clare, and Gaynor, believed from Meath, Westmeath or Cavan. I had DNA testing done through Ancestry.com and I also have it on GEDmatch.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Jul 2023 15:48

Do you have a request?

Posting a list of names is not exactly informative………;-) ;-)

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 18 Jul 2023 15:50

You have obviously built a big tree. Not sure what your post is about. If you are hoping that people will spot their own surname in your list you will probably be disappointed.

If you are, in fact, hoping to make contacts then you will need to search other members trees available via the Search button at the top right.

Having your own tree on here will mean that new entries with matching surnames will be found via the Relatives option and then surname isummary.