Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

norma young

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 11 Feb 2020 21:03

im trying to find a norma young. b. 1940s. manchester. sister margaret. father was william.b.1924 . mother nee margery bailey. was in touch with her yrs ago. regards margaret

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Feb 2020 21:13

Birth is on freebmd.org 1949 as is parents' marriage 1946 ( manchester)

Possible marriage 1967, but hard to say as there's no middle initial to help.

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Feb 2020 21:19

Mother died 2015 ( GRO index ) so you could order cert to see if NOK is named, and look for an obituary online?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Feb 2020 21:30

You say you were in touch with her

Where was she living?

When was this?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Feb 2020 10:50

You have this person in your GR tree.

If you haven't asked her permission, which I doubt you have, you are contravening site guidelines

Margaret

Margaret Report 15 Feb 2020 16:23

she was living Manchester.i was in touch by her email. I have sent a few emails but no reply

Rambling

Rambling Report 15 Feb 2020 22:47

When was she in Manchester? Depending on the date she may be on erolls ?

Possible up to 2012, will message the address

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 16 Feb 2020 10:27

If she has stopped responding to emails, she obviously doesn’t wish to have contact.

The poster does not say that the emails are undeliverable

Rambling

Rambling Report 16 Feb 2020 12:26

Not necessarily, the emails may be deliverable, ie the email address is still viable, but Norma may not be able to access them or even be aware that they are there.