Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thomas & Jayne Walsh

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

KeithG

KeithG Report 1 Dec 2019 19:51

I have found the Walshs in ER 2003-4 at 7 Westside, Brentmoor Road, West End, GU24 9QQ, but after that they seem to disappear. Can anyone help me find them please, ideally in the ERs?

Jayne was born abt 1958 Jayne E (Elizabeth?) Mackenzie, married Thomas D Walsh 1992.

I've not been able to trace any children from the marriage, and, as I say, they seem to have disappeared after 2004. This might suggest emigration but again I have found no evidence of this.

For a while I was misled by similar names in Merseyside but have come to the conclusion that that is a different family.

Keith

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 Dec 2019 20:15

It’s possible they may have opted out of the public roll

Hubby and I show on the earlier electoral rolls but we opted out later , I am still at the same address

KeithG

KeithG Report 1 Dec 2019 20:25

That's a thought, thank you Shirley. These days one might wonder whether they had given up on voting .

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 Dec 2019 20:30

Opting out doesn’t mean you don’t vote ,it just means you aren’t on the public rolls that can be sold on and then be bombarded with unwanted spam

I still vote !

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Dec 2019 20:47

Have you thought of writing to the address? Or don’t you actually wish to contact them?

Incidentally, you have given far too much detail about (presumably) living people without their permission.

Consider GDPR

KeithG

KeithG Report 1 Dec 2019 20:54

mmm... I see my emoticon didn't show up after my comment on voting, sorry about that Shirley!

The ERs are in the public domain, Erika, as are records of births marriages and deaths.

I have written to the last known address, no response as yet.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Dec 2019 21:30

That may be the case, but your posting the details and linking them on here is unethical, in my opinion

Read the guidelines on FLR board