Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MICHAEL PATRICK POLLARD - Where did you go????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 11 Nov 2012 23:53

MICHAEL PATRICK POLLARD born 8th May 1888 in Dublin City was one of my grandfather's siblings, yet I can't find out what happened to him.

The 1911 Dublin census states his parents Joseph & Margaret Pollard had 13 children born living but only 9 alive.

I know that 3 died before 1911 and 9 married as I have all the appropriate certificates.

I cannot pin Michael Patrick Pollard down on the 1901 or 1911 Ireland Census.

A sister and 2 other brothers emigrated to the USA at different times, and died there, but I can't find Michael Patrick Pollard in the USA..

My Grandfather came over to England and settled in London, and the rest of his siblings died in Ireland.

I have searched Trees on here and Ancestry, with no luck!

:-S

Liam

Liam Report 12 Nov 2012 10:33

Hi' Teresa,
I couldn't find any reference either to Michael apart from the baptism, however I did find this, which may be of interest to you.

1862 Street index for Dublin
16, Bolton Street, Thomas Pollard [ Stucco Plasterer ]

1894 Thoms Directory
17, Bolton Street, M. Pollard, haberdashery & Chandler.
18, Bolton Street, Mrs Pollard,

* 1901 census should read stucco plasterer *

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 12 Nov 2012 12:29

Thanks Liam. but I've already got that info.

That's Michael's grandparents in the Thoms and Street directory.

My Grandfather, James was born at his Grandparent's home too!

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 18 Nov 2018 17:15

Found him!

Thanks to the free irish website where Birhs Death's and Marriages are now available to view.

He Died 27 May 1888 as JOSEPH Patrick Pollard, Plasterer’s Child aged 3 weeks of Bronchitis and Asthma at 18 Bolton Street. Margaret Pollard, Mother, was the informant.