Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

searching using an address

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Di

Di Report 21 Jun 2021 15:33

I bought a photo album at a car boot, there are some wonderful photos that I would like to reunite to the family, all I have to go on is this (I have made a tree on ancestry but no good hints have come up)

A wedding date of August 22nd 1964
- reception held at Porter Butt hotel, Bath
the bride lived at 8 Camden Cresent, Bath (or rather that is the house she has written under the photo of as 'Home' so could be her mum and dad's house)
Brides first name is Sheila
She married a Ron

There is also another wedding, which may be a relative
28th March 1964 at St Lukes Church (photographer was also from Bath, so I assume the church is nearby)
names were Julie and Graham

If anyone can have a look I would be grateful, it is a wonderful album and hopefully, someone would like to have it back

Thank you in advance

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 21 Jun 2021 15:59

????

Marriages Mar 1964 (>99%)

HILLIARD JULIE H LOVE BATH 7C 22
LOVE Graham F Milliard Bath 7c 22

Marriages Sep 1964 (>99%)

WATKINS SHEILA M WILKINS BATH 7C 4
WILKINS RONALD C G WATKINS BATH 7C 4

Di

Di Report 21 Jun 2021 16:31

rootgatherer

perfect, thank you very much

there was a photo of a small boy and a baby called Matthew & Morley Watkin August 1978 and another of a baby with Morden Watkin born August 1978 on the back

I do not think Ron and Sheila are the parents as Sheila has the surname Watkin and married a Wilkins

There is a third wedding photo with a Mary and Ken (Bath again) dated 15 june 1968

Thank you!

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Jun 2021 16:44

Please remove the actual DoB. Thanks

Maddie

Maddie Report 21 Jun 2021 17:18

message sent with er for morley

Di

Di Report 21 Jun 2021 17:53

Have messaged you back Maddie, thank you

Di

Di Report 1 Jul 2021 07:11

Just wanted to give an update on this thread. I reunited the photo album with Morley.

Maddie found an address for me, and it was him!

here is an email I received this week:-

Just thought I would let you know I have received the photo album
It is amazing to see the old pictures of my family it also had some pictures of my father who passed away in 2008, I am so grateful
to you for finding me, words cannot express how happy it’s made me feel

Thank you so much for your kindness

This is just a great result, and I am so thankful to the kind people on this website.

alviegal

alviegal Report 1 Jul 2021 21:10

Di that's a wonderful end to the story. Thank you for taking the time and effort to reunite this album with it's rightful family.

I always think photos are so precious and it is such a shame when they are lost to their families. No one else would know who the photos were of and the stories behind them and all that is lost.

No wonder Morley is so glad to have it returned <3