Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Indian Ancestry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mumbles

Mumbles Report 27 Jan 2021 13:55

Am I right in thinking that trying to trace any Indian Relatives would be difficult?
My nephew is married to a Indian girl that had a Indian father and a English mother.

I have checked and there does not seem to be many sites that have Indian Ancestry. Also the population is large 1.366 Billion so I am sure that they have not been transcribed as yet.

If any one has any info that would help please.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 27 Jan 2021 14:03

FMP

Familysearch

Mumbles

Mumbles Report 27 Jan 2021 16:09

Thanks ErikaH
No luck on Family Search but found a little bit on FMP

malyon

malyon Report 27 Jan 2021 17:28

could you give the names of the parents it might help

Mumbles

Mumbles Report 27 Jan 2021 18:27

I can maylon, but I was trying to find sites that might have the details on line.

The people he is looking for are Benedict Patrick Bulley born around 1930 ish On my nephews wife's birth cert it says he was born in Chandanagora can not be sure of the spelling as it is written and not printed. It also says that his father was born in India.
The wife of Ben was born in India about the same time. Her name is Marjorie Florence Smith.
I have found a Marjory (note the spellng) Florence Smith born in 1932 Calcutta St Thomas. That looks like it could be correct Her father was born in Lee-on Solent Hampshire.
I can not find any Benedict Bulley.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 27 Jan 2021 22:04

????

https://www.geni.com/people/Benedict-Owen-Patrick-Bulley/6000000013049982147

Name: Year of Birth:
BULLEY, BENEDICT OWEN PATRICK 1921
GRO Reference: DOR Q4/2005 in ELY (3321B) Reg E2B Entry Number 126

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 27 Jan 2021 22:07

Perhaps the town is Chandannagar?

Rose

Mumbles

Mumbles Report 27 Jan 2021 23:14

Thank you all for the info that you did find.
Rose thank you for your info I will let my nephew know . He can check it out to see if it maybe the one.

Maddie

Maddie Report 28 Jan 2021 14:51

there is a benedict p bulley on er 2006 in suffolk but whether it is him i dont know

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Mumbles

Mumbles Report 28 Jan 2021 21:05

Thank you again to all who helped with the above. I can confirm that the person that Rose found and sent is the correct one. I have now found a person who has a tree with some of the details I need on it.