Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1938 Address

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SugarAndSpice

SugarAndSpice Report 20 Nov 2020 15:58

I have jsut run out of a FMP subscription. So could some kind person find out who was living at 16 Hyde Park Square in 1938.

I would like to know if possible who the ancestor I already have details for was working for in 1938 and early 1939 before the 1939 Register was taken.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 20 Nov 2020 16:10

FMP does not have any ER records for 1938 for London

1939 shows a number of domestic servants - no record of an 'owner', so no way of knowing the employer's details

SugarAndSpice

SugarAndSpice Report 20 Nov 2020 16:16

ErikaH,

Thanks for the information never needed to use the E.R. records for London until now.

SugarAndSpice

SugarAndSpice Report 21 Nov 2020 12:39

ErikaH,

Oh what a shame. never mind it was one of those, it would be nice to have things. Not absolutely necessary.

Thanks for looking.