Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thomas Alfred Stearn born Mulwala Vic

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ellen

Ellen Report 6 Oct 2020 09:08

My husbands grandfather Thomas Alfred Stearn born 21/12/1867 in Mulwalla Victoria Australia died 29/8 1945 in Holyoake in Western Australia. He married a Bridget McAleer widow(maiden name Neville) 24/7/1893 at Leongatha Victoria. He married in the name of West & even had his father William Snowling Stearn down as West
They had 8 children born between 1894 & 1911 in Victoria. They then came over to Perth & had 2 more children 1914 & 1916
What I am looking for is when & how did they come to WA which would have been after 1911 & before 1914
Thank you for any assistance

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 6 Oct 2020 09:19

First name(s) William Snowling
Last name Stearn
Birth year -
Departure year 1855
Ship name Adelaide
Where convicted Woodbridge, Suffolk
When convicted 1853
Sentence Life
Country Australia
Record type Records
Folio 72
Page 141
Record set Convict Transportation Registers 1787-1870
Category Travel & migration
Subcategory Transportation
Collections from Australasia

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 6 Oct 2020 09:32

I would think it unlikely that you would find travel records within a country. You have probably narrowed the timescale as best you can hope for. The most common reason for relocation was usually employment or to be closer to other family members.

Valerie

Valerie Report 7 Oct 2020 02:51

..…. 'Ask a Librarian' at 'West Aus State Library' (on-line) to check electoral rolls ... with compulsory voting here - he/she should show up from your dates.

Valerie
WAus