Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Rawlings

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

P

P Report 11 Apr 2020 20:22

Hello,

I'm trying to help someone find siblings etc for there mother.

I'm trying to find a Carole Rawlings born in 1952 from Oxford. I'm pretty sure from info i've found, she has passed away, but i wanted to get confirmation of this from a second opinion / second eyes!

Her mother was Linda Massey and her father was Ronald Rawlings. Carole also had a brother too, named Michael John Rawlings but he was born in 1956 in Paddington, London and was then adopted, i'm presuming his name would have changed so i'm finding it difficult to find him! So i'm hoping to get some answers on Carole first.

Thank you to anyone who can help!

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Apr 2020 20:38

Just to clarify what you’re asking - siblings are brothers and sisters, and you’ve named a brother, so do you think there are others, and if so, have you looked for births on freebmd?

malyon

malyon Report 11 Apr 2020 20:40

Marriages Jun 1970 (>99%)
BARLTROP Martin D A RAWLINGS Abingdon 6a 26 Scan available - click to view
RAWLINGS Carole A BARLTROP Abingdon 6a 26

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Apr 2020 20:40

What does the ‘A’ represent in Carole’s name?

When and where do you think she died?

P

P Report 11 Apr 2020 20:47

Yes, sorry, so Carole and Michael are siblings, but Michael was adopted so probably has a different name so i'll cross that path another time.

Carole was born in Oxford and i saw a marriage certificate for a Carole in Oxford to a man with the last name "Boulton", but now i've looked more into it, Carole would have been abit too young being married to him?! 15 years old i think! So even though the location was spot on.. the dates weren't.

So the Barltrop one could be correct, hopefully, thank you :-)

When i've done a search for Carole, a death keeps coming up for a Carole Rawlings for 1995, again, in Oxfordshire!

But i think i've gone completely wrong somewhere! :(

malyon

malyon Report 11 Apr 2020 20:59

not seeing any children born to the marraige

malyon

malyon Report 11 Apr 2020 21:01

Carole Rawlings
England and Wales Death Registration Index 1837-2007

Name:
Carole Rawlings
Event Type:
Death Registration
Registration Quarter:
Oct-Nov-Dec
Registration Year:
Registration District:
Oxford
County:
Oxfordshire
Event Place:
Oxford, Oxfordshire, England
Birth Date (available after June quarter 1969):
21 Nov 1952
Volume:
7021B
Page:
B41D

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Apr 2020 21:03

The death in 1995 was for a woman born in NOVEMBER 1952 with no second forename. Therefore, NOT the one you’re looking for

P

P Report 11 Apr 2020 21:03

That is the death i've seen! But i'm not sure how i can find any sort of confirmation about who she married and if that is the correct death for her? I've not been told she has passed away, but from the records i've found, it's all pointing that way!

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 11 Apr 2020 21:03

If she married, her death would be registered in her married name unless she divorce and reverted to her maiden name.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Apr 2020 21:04

Is the person you’re ‘helping’ related to Carole?

malyon

malyon Report 11 Apr 2020 21:06

that is not carole's death she was born 3rd quarter july-sept the one above was born 21 nov 1952

malyon

malyon Report 11 Apr 2020 21:09

not finding her in electrol list or her husband

P

P Report 11 Apr 2020 21:10

Thats what i thought too! it said on that death page that she was married, but her surname was still rawlings so that completely threw me!

Yes his name is Gareth, he doesn't have an account on here and he has been searching for 10 years so i said i'd post this for him. His connection with Carole, is that she would be his Auntie! Michael the Uncle etc etc.. Gareths mum was adopted in 1958 (Sandie), but i'm trying to not involve her in this post as i know she is definitely living and this is the wrong place to post! :)

thanks so much sofar

P

P Report 11 Apr 2020 21:11

thats what is so confusing, i was on a roll yesterday but now i feel like its all wrong and the only thing thats really confirmed about her is her birth in approx Sept 1952! i've gone completely backwards :(

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 11 Apr 2020 21:19

You say that Michael and Sandie were both adopted.
Was Carole adopted too?
If so, her name at marriage (if she did marry) would probably not be Rawlings.

If she was not adopted, was she still with her mother when Michael was born?
If so, she didn't remain in Oxfordshire, and therefore could have been living anywhere.

There seem to be several possible marriages:
the Barltrop one; one in Warrington in 1986, and one in Buckinghamshire in 1999;
Cleveland 1992; Surrey 1987; Dudley 1985; Hampshire 2004; Southwark 1981.

The Warrington one is probably ruled out - a Carole was born there in 1962

P

P Report 11 Apr 2020 21:26

Yes thats right! Carole wasn't adopted, she stayed with the father, Ronald Rawlings.

I think Linda went to paddington and had Michael who was then adopted but Carole always stayed in Oxfordshire with her father!

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 11 Apr 2020 21:34

Although Linda's name is Massey on her marriage record, it's Mussey on all three children's birth records on Ancestry.

Hers is the only Rawlings/Massey or Mussey marriage I can see[ EDIT: Apart from one in Bristol].
But there are several other Rawlings/Mussey births, in various places.

Apart from the three you've mentioned, there are four in Bristol, one in Oxford, and one in Staffordshire.

The Bristol births may be accounted for by a Bristol marriage with bride's name Massey.
However, I can't guess about the Oxford and Staffs births - though Oxford does make me wonder if this is another child of Linda's, even if several years after the others.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Apr 2020 21:39

The births have MMN Massey on freebmd

And a touch more discretion would be good, as these dates are comparatively recent

P

P Report 11 Apr 2020 21:40

I noticed the different spelling and did wonder if i should start trying searches with "Mussey".

The confirmed ones we know are, Sandra (sandie), Alan, Michael and Carole!

Sandra and Alan are living and connected so i'm just keeping them to one side (they are aware of these searches btw), and now its just Michael and Carole who we are trying to find but Carole wasn't adopted, so i thought she'd of been the easier search! How wrong was i! :(