Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William David Woodward Born Brighton 1868

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sara

Sara Report 24 Feb 2013 18:20

I am trying to find out more information about my relative William David Woodward. he was born in Brighton to parents William Woodward and Sarah Gibbs. He appears in the 1871 Census as living at home with his parents and then i think in the 1881 Census at a reform school in reigate sussex. I believe he was there for approximately 5 years. I can find no other information about him post 1881. We think he may have moved to the USA, Boston following his release (there are stories of an uncle Bill living in america) but i am unsure how to go about looking to confirm this.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Sara