Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Catholic baptisms

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 12 Aug 2012 17:43

I have a photocopy of a Catholic baptism for John Marshall son of Henry and Mary Mack born 14th March 1844, baptised 9th June 1844 St Mary's Cadogan Street, London. Daniel Lyons and Alice Rigby god parents

I have searched for the family in 1851 with no luck,
In 1861 John is 29 Caroline Place, Chelsea with his widowed mother Mary (b c1819 Ireland)
I have everything I need to know about him after this. I am only trying to go backwards.
I can't find a marriage for the parents or any definite sign of them before this There are plenty of Irish Mary Macks around which doesn't help

I can't find a death for Henry either. On John's marriage certificate in 1874 his father is given as Henry Marshall Mathematical Instrument maker.

I have spent a long time on this, plus I have help elsewhere from some kind researchers, but we have not been able to make any progress.

I wondered if there were any other children from this marriage baptised in this church. As it is a Catholic church,the records are not on line. I know there is a cd of Fr Ansthruther's Catholic Marriages and baptisms Index. I wondered if anyone has access to this and could check it for me. It may not cover this parish of course