Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Desperatly trying to find my dad...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Theodora

Theodora Report 9 Oct 2010 17:48

Andreas Minas middle name belived to be Sosos. This is my dad who i think was born about 1932. Please please help if you can!!!!!!! My name is Theodora Andreas Minas and i was born 1982 in Manchester. I may have been jst a few months old when my dad last saw me and now i have a 6year old son who wants to meet his Grandad so much. I have 2 older sisters called Aliki Minas and Xenia Minas. Aliki has 4 daughters aged 1year upto 14yearsI NEW INFORMATION.........iv just found out that 1932 is wrong date of birth for my dad Andreas Minas. Sorry to the people who helpd searching this d.o.b. MY DADS BIRTH DATE IS 3RD MARCH 1938. Thankyou.xxx

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 9 Oct 2010 17:53

Is this your grandfather's death? Perhaps the informant on this certificate may know something about your father:-

Name: Sozos Minas
Birth Date: 3 Jul 1914
Death Registration Month/Year: Jan 1993
Age at death (estimated): 78
Registration district: Tameside
Inferred County: Greater Manchester
Register number: A41A
District and Subdistrict: 0141A
Entry number: 281

Kath. x

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 9 Oct 2010 18:13

There is one person of that name on 192.com but if it is him or not I couldnt tell.But with the same name must surely be related somehow?

Go here for an Electoral Roll lookup.

http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=1231191

And click on the name WayneTracey and send her a message with the details of the person you are looking for.
Please dont post the details on her thread but send them privately..

Good luck

Tania

Tania Report 9 Oct 2010 19:21

there is also one with the same name no middle name born 1968..so that could be him on 192 with the wife[price]

Theodora

Theodora Report 13 Oct 2010 01:08

I am crying to much as the help from you very kind good people has overwhelmd me. I can'not thank you for the time you have taken in helping me with finding my dad it means the world to me and words can not describe how gratefull i am and how much i appriciate your input also the friendly message of advice about checking my replys and how to do so if it wasnt for the wounderfull person who messaged me to inform me i had replys i would not of known as soon as i did so thankyou all from the heart. I will be checking out all this information first thing. Theo.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 13 Oct 2010 01:16

That must have been our Cynthia. ;)

Just a tip about Fanny's post -- if you are signed in to the UK website here, use this link to reach Tracey's thread for an electoral roll lookup:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=1231191

-- .co.uk instead of .co.za. Just look in the white address line at the top of your monitor to check where you are. And you can also just change the 1243988 at the end of it to 1231191, and hit Enter, and then click on Tracey's name to send her a message.

Best wishes.

Theodora

Theodora Report 13 Oct 2010 01:51

Thankyou janey 4that helpfull advise i will do that now. ;-)

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 13 Oct 2010 15:17

Theo has messaged me and i have given her some info.

The gentleman found i have doubts about as Theo is insistant her father was born in 1932, this other person was born in 1968.

I have given Theo the details anyhow incase there has been a mix up with dates.

However i have found a possible sibling to the 1968 Andreas found, so i shall go down that road and see what i can establish.

Tracey x

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 13 Oct 2010 15:27

As I said Tracey.

But with the same name must surely be related somehow?

Only one way for Theo to find out.

But keep up the good work Trace..

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 13 Oct 2010 15:49

Well, FBG, i have noticed that there was a Sozos Minas born in the 1990's, they've got to be getting these usual names from somewhere!

I'm not entirely sure where the name comes from, it could be italian say and all these names are familiar back home, and completely unrelated....Grrrr

T x

Theodora

Theodora Report 14 Oct 2010 03:09

Its frm cyprus my dad is full greek cypriot n my mum english so im of corse half cypriot lol. U people r amazing jst 2b helping me out like this n showing an interest 4me you kind people have helped me more than my own mother has in 28 years all u guys r doing 4me means soooo much thankyou so mch ;-)) oh and sorry if the long messgs i sent u Tracey hope i wasnt goin on n on bout irrelivent stuff n put u sleep lol. XXX

Theodora

Theodora Report 14 Oct 2010 03:11

Tracey did u find anythin out on the siblin of the man born 68 as u said above? thanking you loadz.xxx OMG I HAVE JUST FOUND OUT MY DADS DATE OF BIRTH IS NOT 1932 BUT 3RD MARCH 1938!!!! it appears i was wrong and my brother in law has corrected me. ;-) x

Mary

Mary Report 14 Oct 2010 11:09

Google Sosos Minas and there is one on Facebook.
Please could you not post in text talk
Maryb

Theodora

Theodora Report 14 Oct 2010 11:23

Ok i will write my words clearly not a problem. Thanks 4 the facebook tip will look now ;-) x

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 15 Oct 2010 16:03

Just spotted this! Glad to have helped. Cx.