Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lookin for My Brothers Mum..NORA BAMBROUGH...Gates

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sammie

sammie Report 23 Sep 2008 02:26

Hi please could anyone help ...my dad married a nora bambrough in 1954 ...they had two children ...born 1955 and 1956..x The boys were taken into care in 1957..not sure why ....
her name is.... NORA BAMBROUGH ...(born 1936 )....durham newcastle ..she married...JOSEPH LUKE BIGGINS...1954 durham ..divorced 1979 ... Then she married a FRANK WARD dec 1979.... gateshead newcastle ... Thats all we know ... i have checked to see if there was any children born WARD mmn BIGGINS .... I didnt find any.......Then i checked for children born BIGGINS mmn BAMBROUGH newcastle .... and get another 5 children ....x how would we know if these children are defenitley noras kids and who is the farther please any help would be great ...my brother never met his dad........ thanks sammie xxxx

Julcoe

Julcoe Report 23 Sep 2008 03:06

Samatha, I find it vey difficult to know exactly what you want from reading you posting

But...
I think that you are looking for Nora Ward, formerly Biggins, nee Bambrough. is this correct ?

Also..
The only way to find out who the parents are, is to buy the certificates.
You can add a stipulation when ordering that their mother was Nora, then you only pay the search fee not the full certificate fee if the child is not one of Nora's children.

sammie

sammie Report 23 Sep 2008 03:23

hi julie sorry bout that ...yes were trying to find nora ward ....i tried ordering one of the kids certs but they said that because i dont have the right date of birth that they coudnt send it ......thanks sammie x

Julcoe

Julcoe Report 23 Sep 2008 03:33

I checked for deaths of Nora Ward, born 1936 and did not find any so lets keep our fingers crossed that she is 'out there' somewhere.

For birth certificates you need the GRO number.
If you know names and years I could have a look for you.

Have you tried 192.com
It searches the electoral rolls for the last few years.

jansmith

jansmith Report 23 Sep 2008 03:49

have you tried search trees on this site there seems to be Nora Bamborough and Nora Biggins ?same person (perhaps they are all your trees) Have you tried looking for the possible children on search trees

sammie

sammie Report 23 Sep 2008 04:28

josephine e biggins 1960 anthony 1961

sammie

sammie Report 23 Sep 2008 04:30

i have only one tree on here but im sure nora is down as ward on my tree x thanks janice..i tried 192 didnt get anything thanks julie x

Julcoe

Julcoe Report 23 Sep 2008 04:33

Josephine E Biggins
YEAR .. 1960
QUARTER .. Jan-Feb-Mar
DISTRICT .. Newcastle T.
Vol. .. 1b
Page .. 63
MMN .. Bambrough

Anthony Biggins
YEAR .. 1961
QUARTER .. Oct-Nov-Dec
DISTRICT .. Newcastle T.
Vol. .. 1b
Page .. 24
MMN .. Bambrough

sammie

sammie Report 23 Sep 2008 04:36

hi julie i sent for that birth cert but they said i had 2 have her date of birth x

sammie

sammie Report 23 Sep 2008 04:39

there is a kevin... trcey....robert ...anthony and josephine..all biggins... if nora and joseph werent together why are her children named biggins and not ward x

sammie

sammie Report 23 Sep 2008 04:40

Thank you Julie your a great help xx

Julcoe

Julcoe Report 23 Sep 2008 04:41

When you went to www.gro.gov.uk
and they asked if you had the GRO number, did you tick the 'yes' box ?
This just means that you have the Vol & page numbers.

OR...
maybe because these people could be still alive , they want this extra info.....? ?

Julcoe

Julcoe Report 23 Sep 2008 04:45

Nora and Joseph did not divorce until 1979 then she married Frank Ward.
Her name was still Biggins up to this time so any children are registered under this name.
Were Nora & Joseph seperated for long before the divorce ?

sammie

sammie Report 23 Sep 2008 04:48

Yes from 1957 ...just before or after the boys were taken into care x

sammie

sammie Report 23 Sep 2008 04:50

I emailed it through ...i had vol page..x

Julcoe

Julcoe Report 23 Sep 2008 04:54

Try going through there web site,
www.gro.gov.uk
You never know, you might have some luck.
You have to register first, but that is free.
Just remember to tick the 'yes' box when they ask if you have the GRO number.
Can only try.
Will keep my fingers crossed. X

sammie

sammie Report 23 Sep 2008 05:01

thank you julie for all your help ..will do that ur a star xx thanks sammie ... lets hope mick gets to meet his mum or other siblings ...as paul..dads other son to nora died 2005 ...xx

sammie

sammie Report 23 Sep 2008 05:06

Thank you janice i have done search and emailed those two you said ..im sure i have already done it xx thanks sammie

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Sep 2008 07:15

the reason they want more info is because the births are less than 50 years ago. its because of identity theft issue that they have clamped down , you need to know all the info before they will issue a cert. I have heard that local register offices though will supply.

sammie

sammie Report 23 Sep 2008 10:01

thank you shirley i will try there xx