General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do You Live In * $parkling * WALES?

Page 0 + 1 of 634

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 26 Jan 2011 10:18

Name change in Memory of Sandie<3

Sue's started a thread for Aussies only, I have gone through it and what a laugh I have had, it also brings people together, great.
SO lets have a Welsh thread, you have not got to be born and bread in Wales to take part. I know Ann of Green Gables his sniffing Welsh air just like myself so come on join thee thread and have a laugh, it's FREE.
Regards.
Shaun on the Mountain

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 26 Jan 2011 10:29

Good luck Shaun - we have such fun on the Aussie thread and have made some wonderful friends:-)) Pop in and say hello.

S x

StrayKitten

StrayKitten Report 26 Jan 2011 10:30

i dont live in wales but i once visited lol, its a beautiful country x

Foggy

Foggy Report 26 Jan 2011 10:32

NO,
Don't live in Wales, but have relations who do.

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 26 Jan 2011 10:44

Thanks Sue, I thought your thread was great. Stray Kitten your more than welcome also welcome to Foggy.
Regards. Shaun on the Mountain.

Persephone

Persephone Report 26 Jan 2011 10:54

Good Luck Shaun

Sue's thread is great and we do have a few laughs now and then, and of course we do have a bit of a mixture a couple of Welsh ones and a few Poms as well as our lovely Aussies.
I have no doubt if you have read the thread that you know I live in All Black country but we do like to play the Welsh. Though it is now time for Rugby Sevens here played in Wellington every year and all the spectators don fancy dress. I am wondering if my daughter (8 months pregnant) and my SIL will be going as they normally do attend.

Persie of Tywyn.

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 26 Jan 2011 11:17

Thank you Persie.for the good luck wishes and yes the Rugby is here 1st match Feb 4 kick off 7.45 pm against the lads from H.Q.
Annie you certainly count welcome on board.
Regards. Shaun on the Mountain.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 26 Jan 2011 12:14

Only have visited N. Wales and Pembrokeshire but fell in love with Pembrokeshire completely. Can bake bara brith and welsh cakes so hope this covers me!

Dermot

Dermot Report 26 Jan 2011 12:20

I claim to be an honorary Welsh man having used the Holyhead ferry facility on numerous occasions.

Make sure you all 'talk tidy'.

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 26 Jan 2011 12:35

Welcome Chris , you are so right about Pembrokeshire,I have spent many happy hours in St.Davids my favourite place in Wales.
Welcome aboard Dermot, don't frett I'm Welsh but sadly cannot speak Welsh. Regards, Shaun on the Mountain.

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 26 Jan 2011 12:41

Scb - I fell for Broad Haven, beautiful beach, gigantic portions of fish, peaceful. AAAAAAAAAaaaah! We rented a cottage there for a week, weather was glorious too - so much for Wales and rain. Whenever we stayed in N Wales with friend always had good weather too.

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 26 Jan 2011 12:55

Hi Chris, Glad you liked your stay in Broad Haven you should of gone up the coast to Solva and then St.Davids brilliant .
Regarda,Shaun on the Mountain.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 26 Jan 2011 13:06

Hi Shaun, Husband's Mother was born in Wales, does that count, we are not so far in Gloucester from the Welsh boundary. Love South Wales and had quite a few holidays in South and North Wales when the children were young.

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 26 Jan 2011 13:31

Welcome aboard Ann in Glos, if you like Wales you count.
Regards, Shaun on the Mountain.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 26 Jan 2011 14:05

I am desperately trying to find a welsh connection so that i can join in. PricklyHolly wouldn't happen to be a welsh name by any chance, would it??? I could always change it to PricklyLeek!!! :>))

Wend

Wend Report 26 Jan 2011 14:09

Should be CheekyLeek :-))

MagicWales

MagicWales Report 26 Jan 2011 14:15

Welcome aboard, I have just changed your name by deed poll to PricklyLeek!!
Shaun on the Mountain.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 26 Jan 2011 14:46

Aww, thank's Shaun. Mind you, i have just googled Prickly Leek but there is no such thing. Which mean's, i will have to resort to Wend's suggestion of CheekyLeeky!
Speaking of Leek's Wend, is your's under control today?

Oh yeah, and i loved Harry Seycombe's version of "If I Ruled The World" x

Lady Cutie

Lady Cutie Report 26 Jan 2011 14:49

Hi Shaun ,
i live in North Wales have done for the last 22years
i love it here , very near the sea and also the country
I wouldn't want to live anywhere else ..
Hazelx

Dermot

Dermot Report 26 Jan 2011 15:23

Listen to Roy Noble on BBC Radio Wales - much better than Terry Wogan ever was.