Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Isaac Collins from Monk,soham

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lindsey

Lindsey Report 10 May 2021 18:24

I have an Isaac Collins brn 13/05/1870 in monk Soham.
I have him on all the census’s up to 1901 past this I have nothing, he was in the army and then discharged.
I cannot find out what happened to him I certainly can’t find a death record, I have tried the 1911 and 1939 but nothing.
They only thing I’ve found is Isaac on the 1901 census in Canterbury kent it says he is married there is an Emily with him. I’ve searched for a marriage but there is non. There were the banns for a marriage between Isaac Collins and a Emily Richards in 1901 but there is no date for the marriage on the record .

I do have membership for FMP at the moment if anyone has any pointers

Many thanks in advance

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 10 May 2021 18:38

You'd have been better to add this to your other thread about the family, Lindsey, to keep all info together and avoid any duplication of research:

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1393125

EDIT:
Further replies on the other thread.

Maddie

Maddie Report 14 May 2021 15:38

see original thread for marriage