Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1939 Register

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maralyn

Maralyn Report 29 May 2019 21:01

Does anyone have access to the above register, who could check who lived in the Oastie Cottage of the The Oast, Fairbourne Manor, Fairbourne Lane, Harrietsham, Kent, ME17 1LN?

Understand it was residential accommodation, possibly for the oast or The Fairbourne Manor but have been told it was also used as a mushroom shop at sometime.

Here's hoping. :-)

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 29 May 2019 22:07

Nothing coming up for that address.

Kath. x

Rambling

Rambling Report 29 May 2019 22:12

This is the closest I can see?

Fairbourne Manor, Hollingbourne R.D., Kent, England

Winter household
(4 people)
First name(s) Last name(s) DOB Sex Occupation Marital status Schedule Schedule Sub Number
Sin Ormonde Winter 15 Jan 1875 Male Army Officer Retired Married 283 1
Lady Margery E Winter 06 Jul 1889 Female Company Director Private Means Single 283 2
The record for this person is officially closed. Can I get around this?

Richard Jackson 07 Sep 1915 Male House Parlourman Single 283 4

Looking on google maps it is fairly close to Hollingbourne, this is how described on Google Map "The Oast Fairbourne Manor

Fairbourne Manor Cottage, The oast, Fairbourne Ln, Harrietsham, Maidstone ME17 1LN

Rambling

Rambling Report 29 May 2019 22:15

Possibly the cottage was not residential in 1939?

malyon

malyon Report 29 May 2019 22:31

its still there
Fairbourne Manor, Fairbourne Lane, Harrietsham, Maidstone ME17 1LN

£1,084,000

Maralyn

Maralyn Report 17 Jun 2019 20:28

Any ideas for finding out about the mushroom shop run from that cottage? This would have been from 1940 onwards. Have been t
old there used to be a Mushroom Farm close by.

Maralyn

Maralyn Report 17 Jun 2019 20:29

Any ideas for finding out about the mushroom shop run from that cottage? This would have been from 1940 onwards. Have been t
old there used to be a Mushroom Farm close by.

Rambling

Rambling Report 17 Jun 2019 21:27

There is one item in newspaper archives on FMP, advert for " . EX -MUSHROOM house compost, high nitrogen, calcium and peat content. Can be supplied regularly by —Fairbourne Mushrooms, Harrietsham.
18 June 1954 - East Kent Gazette - Sittingbourne, Kent, England

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 Jun 2019 16:34

Try contacting the Harrietsham History Society - perhaps they'll be able to help:

https://harrietshamhistorysociety.org/

Maralyn

Maralyn Report 21 Jun 2019 23:35

Thank you.