Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thomas L Edwards

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 26 Jun 2017 20:25

From Nantwich, Cheshire,(Crewe)? born between 1908 and 1911. Possibly moved to Vancouver or Melbourne in the early 40's. Could be my grandparent?

Rambling

Rambling Report 26 Jun 2017 22:05

Do you know what the initial L stands for? It may help when looking for him.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 26 Jun 2017 22:15

There was no Thomas L Edwards born in Cheshire around that time, although several Thomas Edwards without a middle initial.

What makes you think he was from Cheshire? Or do you mean he just lived there for a while?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 26 Jun 2017 22:23

Can't see anyone of that name going to either Canada or Australia - again, not with middle initial L.

Rambling

Rambling Report 26 Jun 2017 23:04

I think this is connected to your other thread re Palin/ Towers marriage?

You have Dorothy A Towers born 1910 in your tree so the one who married Palin, and then there is this

Marriages Dec 1947 (>99%)
Edwards Thomas L Towers Wharfedale 2d 1637
Towers Dorothy A Edwards Wharfedale 2d 1637

EDIT, I think you may be mixing up two separate Dorothy Towers? the one who married to Palin is not showing a middle name, and the one married in 1947 with middle initial 'seems' to match a birth in same area 1926?

Rambling

Rambling Report 26 Jun 2017 23:17

Angela going on your surname, if your mum and dad married 1962 ( looking on freebmd) and given location it's likely the above marriage is the right one, and the Palin one is someone different.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 27 Jun 2017 12:23

PM from Angela:

"I can't find him either. However I found several Thomas Edward what is making me look for this particular one is his marriage to my grandmother the marriage certificate shows the (L) "

She says the L is for Lodge.

But why Cheshire, Angela?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 27 Jun 2017 12:31

If the 1947 marriage Nyx has posted above is the correct one,
he couldn't have moved to Canada or Australia in the early 1940's - unless he came back again.

Perhaps I'm not understanding what's been written.

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 Jun 2017 19:42

Angela's mum was born 1945 reg Towers/Towers, so this is the correct marriage for Dorothy A to Edwards ( other thread confirms death ) so father to Angela's mum is not named on birth reg ( if Angela confirms that her mother is Josephine)
1945 (>99%)
Towers Josephine Towers Tadcaster